Christian Recovery Social Network Discussion Forums - Alcohol and Drug Addiction Help/Support
Go Back   Christian Recovery Social Network Discussion Forums - Alcohol and Drug Addiction Help/Support > Welcome To Christian Recovery Fellowship! > Prayers & Prayer Requests

Prayers & Prayer Requests Post Your Favorite Prayers & Prayer Requests Here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
admin
Administrator

Default Prayer for a Sick Friend or Family Member

Prayer for a Sick Friend or Family Member From Mary Fairchild
Is your heart heavy over a sick friend or family member? Do you wish there were something you could do to help? You can take your friend or family member to the Lord in prayer. Here is a Bible verse and a prayer to help you ask God for healing.
"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:15-16 (NIV)
Dear Lord, You know my friend so much better than I do. You know his sickness and his need. You also know his heart. Lord, I ask you to be with my friend now, working in his life. Let Your will be done in my friend's life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, Lord, please help him to see his need and confess. Lord, I pray for my friend because Your Word says I should pray for His healing. I believe You hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of Your promise. I have faith in You to heal my friend, but I also trust in the plan you have for my friend's life. Lord, I don't always understand Your ways, and why my friend has to suffer, but I trust You now. May You be glorified in my friend's life and also in mine. Amen
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply